Simple writing for smart people
There’s no Magic FormulaTM to being able to write well. But after 20 years of working with renowned authors, journalists and copywriters, I’ve seen first hand the techniques they all use. And I’ve distilled it all into this one day workshop. Among other things, we’ll look at:
– How readers process information (or don’t)
– Finding the heart of an idea
– Structuring and signposting
– Saying things clearly and simply (without ‘dumbing-down’)
– Editing and sense-checking
This. Is. Storytelling.
IF storytelling is so powerful, how come it’s all so confusing? It’s because we jumble up all sorts of ideas about storytelling – from neuroscience to Hollywood script stuff to that thing about the ‘hero’s journey’.
After a career spent helping people tell brilliant stories, Nick also worked with John Yorke, former Head of Drama at Channel 4 and author of Into The Woods: How Stories Work and Why We Tell Them. From this, we’ve created the definitive storytelling workshop for business communicators. We’ll cover:
– Knowing stories: the essential ‘grammar’ of stories everyone needs to know
– Telling stories: how to bring stories alive so everyone wants to know ‘what happens next?’
– Using stories: what stories can – and can’t do. And which ones to use, when.